Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Summer Reads So Far

Hi everybody! Hope everyone is having a great summer. So far I have started and finished four new books (I still have three I have to finish). I also have to read both Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins and Molly Fyde and the Blood of the Billions by Hugh Howey, both of which I forgot to pre-order (whoops!), before the end of summer. Well anyway, so far I have finished War Horse by Michael Morpurgo, The Roar by Emma Clayton, Paint the Wind by Pam Munoz Ryan and Trackers by Patrick Carman.

War Horse was one of my suggested summer reading books. I just finished it today. I absolutely loved this book! It's a story about a farm horse who is sold to the war. The coolest thing about this book is that it's written from the horse's perspective instead of a person's. Some parts were shocking, some were sad, some were exciting, but all-in-all this book was really good.

At first, I really thought I would hate The Roar. I don't know why, I just thought I would hate it. Even though I thought that, I bought it anyway. Now, I am really glad I bought it. I ended up really enjoying this book. I have no idea how to explain it so I'm just going to type what it says on the back. Mika lives in future London, behind The Wall, safe from The Animal Plague beyond. Or so he's been told. But ever since Ellie vanished a year ago, he's suspected his world may be built on secrets- and lies. When a mysterious organization starts recruiting mutant kids to compete in violent virtual reality games, Mika takes the chance to search for his twin sister- and the truth. Sounds interesting, right? It definitely is.


Paint the Wind isn't my favorite book. It wasn't very memorable to me. It's #14 on my list of Top 19 Books. I just didn't like it as much as I did some of the other books I have read. It's about a girl named Maya who lives with her grandmother. She isn't allowed to have fun at all. But when her grandmother has a stroke, she has to move to Wyoming and live with her mother's family. It may not seem like it, but this book is mostly about horses. I would recommend this book to somebody who really likes horses. Even though I really enjoy books about animals, it just wasn't that interesting to me.

So far Trackers is the best book I have read this summer. I love the way it was written. I love that it has it's own website. It was made to seem like a true story, but it is definitely fiction. It's written like an interrogation you see on a cop show like NCIS or CSI. Every once in a while in the book, there will be a page with a password on it that you can use at the website to unlock a video that goes along with that part of the book. Even without the videos, it is a very interesting book. This is supposed to be the first in the series, too (same for The Roar). I am very excited to read the next Trackers.

That's all I have so far. Hope you found at least one of these books interesting. Bye for now!~Ashleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment