Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson

Speak was a book that was emotional to me. It was something any girl could go through in our near future. The way Melinda changed from beginning to end was awesome. From a depressed young soul to a individual who spoke about something terrible that had happened.

This book was about a rape victim, Melinda, who everyone hated because she called the police at a party in 8th grade. Everyone assumed that it was because the party got wild.
They were wrong.
Melinda was raped. This book tells how she gets her story out in the end.
I really liked this book because it was so real. It could happen to anyone of us!
I havent read a book like this before because I've never been exposed to like this till now.
I would recommend this book to people who are at least in 8th grade and can handle a controverisal topic.

2 comments:

  1. Thats a good review of it! :) Just in case anyone wants to know, I didn't enjoy the book. I thought the attempts at comedy didn't work to draw away from her serious issue, and I found it a tad repetitive. Oh well! Goes to show many people can read one book and their opinions/thoughts afterward will never be identical to anothers!

    ReplyDelete