Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Trouble by Gary Schmidt

When Henry’s brother gets hit by a car, driven by a Cambodian immigrant, he if furious. He doesn’t know how to cope with his anger and sadness. His sister and father have shut themselves in their rooms. The only thing that keeps Henry going is his dog, Black Dog, and his goal to climb the mountain that his brother, Franklin, said he never could. It was an amazing journey for Henry, the main character. He realized how harsh people can be, racism, and he learned to trust himself. It had some unexpected twists.

This was a very good book. I expected I would dislike it because I don’t like the author that much.

The only thing I didn’t like about this book was that it didn’t really talk about the war in Vietnam even though that was the time period and context.

I really can’t compare this book to any other book I’ve read. I haven’t read books in the Vietnam War era.

I’d recommend this to anyone who has enjoyed books by the author, Gary Schmidt.

No comments:

Post a Comment