Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Giver

The Giver is about a futureristc world in which society controls almost everything. The main characters Jona is chosen for the most importent job of all the reciver. The last time the tried to get a new reciver it ended tragically. This time they cannot fail. When Jona and the Giver (the old reciver) come up with a some what 'crazy' plan nothing will ever be the same again.

I liked this book but I didn't think it was as great as everyone makes it out to be. They're were points in the book I loved and some I didn't like, at all. I especially disliked the ending, because it was a little confuing and seemed forced.

This book didn't have any adult themes but in order to undestand the message I think you need to be a middle schooler, maybe a mature fifth grader. I think adults could enjoy this book too, but they'd view it in an entirely different way then I did.

This book was about the same topic (controling government) as Matched and The Other Side of the Island, but I'd say Matched is more entertaining, and has a better flow then the Giver. I'd say The Other Side of the Island had a better story and flow but didn't deal as much with the topic (other then just the rebellion side of it) then the Giver.

~Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment