Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Locomotion Book Review

Let me begin by saying the the book Locomotion by: Jacqueline Woodson, is not a very well written book, nor do I view it as a book with a good story.

The main character of this book is a young boy, named Lonnie, who's parent's died in a fire before the book. Though this is really as far as the story went, only developing in some small segments. Also the way the story is told is done with poor execution, never feeling all that great. What I mean by the story being told poorly is the fact that it is done through poems, I like this concept, but it has been done much better in books such as The Surrender Tree, or All The Broken Pieces. Also there is never really any character development throughout the entire story.

I would not recommend this book to many people, but if I had to I would recommend it to people looking for a short, cheap, story.

So over all I thought the book had bland story, underdeveloped characters, no real emotions, and overall was very poor in execution and writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment