Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

The Invention of Hugo Cabret

This book was like a graphic novel and a novel combined. Like every other page was a picture, but the pictures really help you invision the story, characters, and setting better. But personally I like books better when I can see them in my head myself, not when somebody draws it for me. This book was about a young boy that lived like in a clock tower (i think) and every day he would set the clocks at the train station. he discovers secrets about his long lost family, and what their profession and others used to be. He meets a toy maker, and in the end he ends up being a famous movie maker that Hugo's dad was fond of. This book reminds me of "The August Sky" . I would reccomend this book to someone who is good at whizzing through books, and is up for a little confusing, but a good ending.
~Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment