Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

"The Surrender Tree"

The "Surrender Tree" is about the Cuban revolution, it goes through around five different point of views that show all of the sides and aspects of the revolution. The main two point of views though are a woman named Rosa, she was a medic and one of the main people who helped leaders who helped lead the revolution, and Lieutenant Death, who is trying to hunt Rosa down.

I really enjoyed this book, I thought it was simplistic and well written, also it had a very nice style where every page is a type of poem or short snippet of information, that can be seen books like "Locomotion," and "All The Broken Pieces." Also I thought the story was a very good one and the fact that it is a true story helps the book a lot. So not only are you getting a decent story your learning something along the way.

I would recommend this book to teenagers and adult, I would not recommend this book to children because of some of the graphic imagery that is shown throughout the story. Also books that I can relate this one to are "All The Broken Pieces," and "Locomotion," because of the writing style.

No comments:

Post a Comment