Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

C.H.E.R.U.B. Review


The book C.H.E.R.U.B. does have an interesting plot, starting out with the main characters “Mum” dyeing, then being separated from his sister. After which he joins a secret organization that gives the book its name. This leads me to one of the things that I like and dislike about C.H.E.R.U.B. The first thing I like is that the plot is fast-paced and never really slows down. Always showing you new things and giving you new characters. Although the pace is fast, it is actually a little too fast, it never really exploits something’s to it’s full potential, for example he gets over his mother dyeing, his sister being taken away, in almost three days.


Also the book is not very descriptive, lowering the reading level a notch or two.

If I were to recommend this to someone I would recommend this book to younger males, maybe of the ages twelve and under, because the reading level is lower. Also I would recommend it to that age group because the main character is around eleven to twelve. Also it would be bad of me not to mention how this book compares to the Alex Rider Series and I would say that it is much better than C.H.E.R.U.B.


So this book is not bad, but it is not that good either.

No comments:

Post a Comment