Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

SHIP BREAKER

Ship Breaker is about the life and struggles of a young ship breaker Nailer Lopez. Nailer has a terrible life. He find a ship that could allow him to lead a better life, but he has to choose - save the lone survivor or take all the riches from the boat.

I like this book because it has a different take on the world. It shows how different a life can be for a teenager then my life is. I don't like it because the ending doesn't feel like it ends the book in a good way. I think it needs an epilogue so we know what happened to the characters. I think it feels like he just stopped writing in the middle of the story, unless he's planing to write a sequel then it was a good place to stop.

I'd recommend this book to middle school maybe event 9th and 10th grade students. It has a little bit of language but it fits the setting. This book is also for people who don't care if it has violence in it.

This book is not like anything I've ever read before, and I read a lot. It might be similar to Half Way Home in the way they portray humans as greedy.

Overall this book was kinda, sort of, maybe good. It wasn’t may favorite at all, but it wasn’t the worst.

~Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment