Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

My First Review, for the "Hate List". ((:

I’m not a huge reader, I’m sure most people know that. Usually, the problem is trying to find a book that really interests me. Surprisingly, I loved the recent book I read, Hate List. If you look at the back of the book, you would probably put it down. It seems a little scary, but it’s actually not. It’s basically about a girl, named Valerie Leftman, and her boyfriend, Nick Levil. Her boyfriend likes death, and soon enough it shows. Valerie started a book, called the Hate List. She would write down things she hated, people she hated, anything to do with hate. Nick takes that book, and tries to kill everyone off that list. Since, I can’t tell you the whole book, you’ll have to read it! I’m pretty sure it’s based off out the columbine shooting. It didn’t sound like something I would like at all, and turned out to be one of my favorites. This book really brings you into the story with them. There is bad language, bullying, threats, in this book. So, I don’t recommend it for any grade lower than 7th. At first, to be honest, I was scared to even turn the page, because I didn’t know what was next, except from reading the back. Then, it turned to be, I couldn’t wait to turn the page, which was weird for me. This book is very, very good, and I think it should be recommended for middle schoolers. It’s almost really inspiring, because of the school shooting, and how many people had to go through that, and get over it. I really advise you read it! If you do, you’ll see why everyone who loved it, loved it so much. I’m excited for the next one by that author to be published!

~ Bailey :)

No comments:

Post a Comment