Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

How I judge a book .... (:

How do I pick a book? Even if judging a book by its cover isn’t the best way to choose a book, it is what I seem to do. If the cover is dark, and just looks like something I wouldn’t be interested, chances are, I wouldn’t read it. On the other hand, if the book is very colorful looking, pretty titles, or just something that will catch my attention, I will probably read it. Another way I pick a book is by using what they summarize on the back. When you pick up a book, most people turn it over, to read the summary on the book. It usually gives you an idea of what you’ll be reading, which is helpful. If the back of the book, or the title doesn’t look good enough to read, then it’s probably not the best book for you. Since everyone is different, different books would be for different people. You might have hated a book that your friend loved. Long story short; don’t judge a book by its actual cover, unless nothing about the book interest you at all.

How do I evaluate the first 3-4 chapters? What do you look for? What makes you give up on a book? The way I usually evaluate the first 3-4 chapters of a book, is if has already dragged you in. A good book really should catch your attention, and make you not want to put it down. Even though, I’m not the biggest reader, when it comes to a really book good, I like too. If it already hasn’t made you at all interested, you kind of figure it won’t at all. Like I said, I look for a book to make me want to read more. Ones that drag you in, like you’re almost there with them in the book. So, if I’m not already interested by the first couple chapters, that is usually when I think to give up. I don’t like giving up books, but if you don’t get interested in it, you’re basically wasting your time on it. Since you can’t judge a book by its cover, which most people seem to do. You have to give it a chance, and if you can’t even enjoy it by the first few chapters, then giving up might be the best option.

No comments:

Post a Comment