Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

How I Chose a Book

The way I evaluate whether or not I will read a book is actually very simple. The first thing that I will do is if I am trying to pick a book off a shelf I will pick up each book until I find a cover that catches my attention or interests me. Then I will check who the author of the book is and if I’ve read any other books by them and if I did not like the book or books by them I will put the book away. However if I do not know whom the author is I will read the back of the book and decide whether or not I want to read it. If I already like this author I will usually just go ahead and read instead of reading the back of the book. Then I decide whether or not I like the book or not based on the first ¼ or ½ of the book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment