Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Matched review

I read the book Matched by Ally Condie. I’m excited for the book Crossed to come out, and the movie Matched to come out!
The book was about a city/place in the future that has a society that pretty much controls everything, from who you marry, to when you die. Cassia (the main character) was matched with one of her best guy friends, but one night when she was looking for her match on a screen, another face pops up. She has to choose between Xander(The original match), or Ky.
I really liked how this book was romantic but not cheesy, like most romance books. The book really made me appreciate that we can choose who we marry, what job we have, and how we live. There were many parts of the book that made me think hard about if I was in Cassia’s place what I would do. It would be hard to choose to live your life that’s controlled by the society, or not listening to what they say, but risking loosing your life. I didn’t like the end of the book.
I think this book is similar to the Hunger Games, because its about someone choosing between loving their best friend, or a charming stranger they don’t know very well. It’s also like twilight, because the girl main character has to choose if she loves one person, or another. I would recommend this book to 7th grade- high school. I think you have to have a certain aount of maturity to understand events in this book and to learn something from it.
Overall I loved this book, and it’s the best romantic book I’ve ever read. I enjoyed everything about it.J

Ps. I wish I had the dress Cassia wore to the matching banquet!!

~Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment