Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Other Side of the Island

The Other Side of the Island is extremley different. While I thought it was good it was confusing at many points. This book is definetivley a lesson based book, if you read it the way I did. I think though depending on the person, and what they know or have read it could be taken way different then I did.

In this book, the world is contorlled by Earth Mother, who has protected the world with enclousure, and has taken away all freedom. When Honor and her family are forced away from there home in the north to island 365. School fills her head with fake ideas and memories. As life changes, danger approches and nothing will ever be the same again.

This book is similar to MATCHED and The Giver as they all deal with controling governments. I think this book is better The Giver but not as good as MATCHED.

~Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment